June 3, 2009

Michael Sheen Talks About Working with Pretty People on New Moon Set

Empire Online has a great new interview with Michael Sheen up, where he talks about playing Aro:
"I'm all done on it; I had a great time," he told us. "It was nice to go in and not be playing the main part, just go in for a few days and play this really really extraordinary character. I remember I was thinking, 'Oh, there's a bit of a Child Catcher here [from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang]; bit of the Blue Meanie from The Yellow Submarine; bit of Olivier from Richard III. There was a bit of all kinds of stuff."

He also talked about director Chris Weitz.

"It was great to work with Chris Weitz; it was a really funny set, really relaxed. We had a lot of things in common, and hopefully we're going to work together again soon doing something. That might be the thing that I direct, I don’t know yet, you never know."

And the rest of the cast? "It was quite intimidating being on the set with so many young, beautiful people. That was quite extraordinary being the old, ugly one amongst loads of young, beautiful ones. It's not something I'm used to really. Not because I'm young and beautiful but usually there's loads of old, ugly people around me. It was quite encouraging to see how Robert and Kristin are committed to it, how much they put into it and how serious they are about it. They don't take it lightly at all so that was great to see."
Read the rest here.

You are not old and ugly, Michael! We love you!

9 comments:

  1. Completely unrelated to this post, but have you heard this song ("I Miss You" by Red Roses Black):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_mwujEpsE

    The band is trying to get it on the New Moon soundtrack. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear TCA,

    I've finally created my twilight'blog... in two languages: Portuguese and English.
    Because I really love your blog (and I come here everyday = *addicted in it*)... I invite you to see it =]

    the url it's www.forksistoogreen.wordpress.com

    Kind regards,
    Sara =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Michael is the bees knees and completely adorable. Old and ugly? Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Sheen is most definitely not old or ugly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how cool and down to earth he sounds. I'd love to buy him a beer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. michael is so NOT old and ugly...like twicrack said: we love him <3 <3 <3

    hi is so genuine and funny, just read his tweets and you can't not love him :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Thanks for being my follower on The Danger Magnet. I decided to switch blog providers to Wordpress, so please visit me at my new home:

    http://thedangermagnet.org

    Please update your bookmarks because I will be deleting the old blog. Thanks and hope to see you there! :)

    xoxo
    Ana Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always thought he was beautiful. NOT old and ugly. Mature and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Sheen is lovely, definitely not old or ugly. I think it's rad that they got him to star in New Moon as a vampire after having played a Lycan in the Underworld movies.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.