June 10, 2009

New Moon Scene Deets: They Almost Passed on Mikey Newton Getting Sick


MTV's Larry Carroll shares Twilight Stars' New Moon scene revelations:
"Kristen [Stewart] and Taylor [Lautner] had to lobby to get this one scene in the film that wasn't originally in — and I am forever indebted to them for that," revealed Mike Welch, citing a beloved moment from Stephenie Meyer's "New Moon" novel. "There's a scene that's in the book, the three-way date between Jacob and Bella and Mike, where Mike ends up getting sick, and it's just very awkward."

As for how physically ill Welch's Mike Newton gets in the comic-relief scene, he said we shouldn't expect projectile vomit or anything. "We're talking a little bit," he laughed. "A little sick."

"We did a lot of improv on set," Lautner said. "We'd just be in a random forest and, after Jacob transforms [into a wolf], he all of a sudden becomes very agile, and I wanted to show that, because pre-transformation, he's clumsy. But as soon as he transforms, he's agile. So we'd be in a random forest, and I'd be looking around going, 'What can I do to show Jacob's agility in here?'

"Sometimes [director] Chris [Weitz] would be like, 'No, Taylor, we don't want you getting hurt, spraining an ankle,' " Lautner recalled. "But I was like, 'Well, how about I just jump off that and then jump through this?' And he was like, 'All right, give it a shot.' "
Read the rest here.

3 comments:

  1. The vid didn't show Mike- but liked the interviews with the rest of the cast- I hadn't seen these. Taylor's martial arts- need for physical action looks like it will come out in the movie- he's so young and cute. ( Wish I was young so I could audition for a part in the next movie:(( Oh well! we all can't be young or immortal. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww.That's nice that Chris doesn't want Taylor to get injured.What a great , nice man .And if Taylor does get injured IM HERE FOR YOU !!!1 I LOVE YOU SO , SO , SO , SO ,SO , SO ,SO AND SO ON .... MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness they left it in. I love that scene.

    ReplyDelete