May 5, 2009

David Slade Addresses His Twilight Tweets & Covers His Ass Reassures Fans

Twilight Lexicon shares a message directly from David Slade, where he helps clear the air over some of his previous Twilight statements:
Dear Laura and Lori,

I would be grateful if you could distribute this statement to the fans of Twilight:I would like to address some statements that I made regarding Twilight.

When I made these comments, I had neither seen the film nor read the books. I was promoting a comedy short film that I had made for Xbox and every pop culture subject was seen as a possible comedy target. I was being silly and none of the statements were from the heart.

Of course, I have since seen the movie and read the books and was quickly consumed with the rich storytelling and the beautifully honest characters that Stephenie Meyer created.

I would like to reassure everyone involved that I am invested in making the best film that I am humanly capable of, and that I am acutely aware of the power of the original books we serve.

Please be rest assured this statement is absolutely from the heart.


yours sincerely


DAVID SLADE
Read about it at Twilight Lexicon.

17 comments:

  1. Send his ass packing! "Oh please forgive me. I said what I was feeling. But, in hindsight I shouldn't have. I don't wanna lose my meal ticket!" Jerk! Like they couldn't find someone who is a GREAT director, and a FAN, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. Slade. That makes me feel better. Even if he is kissing tooshie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why. but I like this guy.. he's interesting.. I think cast will enjoy working with him.
    Everyone makes mistakes.. and I believe that he will do his best to make Eclipse the best movie he is humanly capable of... becouse othervise.. he knows he's doomed :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apology accepted. I think we'll be seeing this guy hanging out WITH the cast in bars and stuff when they start filming...I think they'll get along with him. Mark my words. But I still miss Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @David Slade....

    Whatever, Dude.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say we get rid of him... what an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too much to say on this subject for a comment, check out the other side of this story here--> http://twilightphenomenon.blogspot.com/2009/05/david-slade-antichrist-or-savior.html

    FANatics be warned: this reading requires some sort of belief that Twilight isn't the ultra-perfection some believe it to be

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's good that he's not all starry-eyed about the books or the actors. He'll bring more creativity to it and won't be so blinded by the hype.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with "Eclipse".

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's putting his name on the project, so I do believe that he will do his very best. His reputation is on the line as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I buy it. Thank you Mr. Slade for clearing all that up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think he is jumping on a money maker ...hope he can still do the work justice ....talk about eating your own words ...and the work I have seen of his ..not that impressive ..he could stay or go for all I care

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like Slade quite a bit and I am amped to see his Eclipse as well as Weitz's interpretation of New Moon. Slade reminds me of my hubby, who is now the most massive unicorn-I have text messages to prove it. Love, love, LOVE his music video work! Check it out on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Pinky. Apology accepted, David Slade, let's see what you got :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. David, drop your index finger in the pic above and that's my answer to you. I don't believe you're sincere, you're just trying to save your job. Summit, you hired this guy knowing he hates Twilight!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Selling his (albeit idiotic) standards for a piece of the pie. A real high class dude.

    And if '30 Days of Night' is any indication of 'the best film (he is) humanly capable of,' I still wonder WHY Summit hired him in the first place.

    This Twilight fan is NOT HAPPY about this.
    Eclipse is heartbreaking and touching and makes you see Jacob in a TOTALLY different way.

    Do you guys think Slade is capable of bringing that kind of empathy to the big screen?

    I'm doubtful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Give the guy a break.

    He made a bad joke ages ago about something he knew nothing about, happens to all of us. You can make jokes about Twilight you know(and the was it's been presented in the media, no wonder people make jokes about it).

    Judge him based on his directing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.