- Chaske's name is pronounced, Chas-K and means “first-born son” in Lakota
- Chaske is a Guns n’ Roses freak
- He was a heavy metal drummer in high school
- Chaske played the lead as Dracula in an off, off, off Broadway play
- He worked with Gil Birmingham before in the movie Skins
- Chaske has a lot of pride in his heritage
“My real heroes are my father and my mother. They’ve always said, ‘don’t let anything stop you because you’re Indian.’ They’ve ingrained that into my sisters and my head. As Native actors, we got to be on our game. You can be stereotyped—with eagles screaming, people expecting you to know which way the wind blows, or that you’re spiritual. Not all of us can do that, you know…”
Read the rest of this great interview here.