February 19, 2009

Twilight Sinks its Teeth Deeper Into Pop Culture: Stodgy TV Commentators Using 'Twilight' Analogies to Talk Politics


Best-selling author, radio and TV talk-show host Glenn Beck (some old guy most of you probably don't care about), who recently made the move from CNN to Fox News, likened the Government to Edward Cullen in an interview by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
Q: I heard you talk the other day about President Obama's proposal to cap executive salaries at $500,000 from the companies that took the bailout money.

A: I think they should make it $50,000. If you take the money, you should have the screws put to you every step of the way. I want to make it so oppressive that nobody wants to take that money. The government is like the lead character, the vampire, in the "Twilight" series. Once they start drinking the blood of capitalism they won't stop until they drain you dry of every drop.
P.S. Was I the only one who giggled during the 'Edward Sucking Bella's Blood' scene (featured above)? I didn't mean to, but it just happened.

1 comment:

  1. I giggled too. :P Both of their expressions were so pained!

    ReplyDelete