February 20, 2009

If You're Not Attending a Twilight DVD Release Party, Here Are Ideas For Your Own Twilight Shindig

I can't think of any compelling reasons to convince my husband that it's a good idea to go to a Twilight DVD release party (He's only mildly aware of my TwiCrack addiction and the existence of this blog; I don't know what he thinks I'm looking at on the Internet), so looks like I'll be staying in on that Saturday night while you are all celebrating at Hot Topic or at the View Point Inn, where the Twilight Prom Scene was filmed (Srsly -- How cool is that? Check out the details at Leech Lovers blog).

Well, for those of us who won't be able to make it to a DVD release party, I've found these fun things that you can do at home for a Twilight DVD release party over at Maggie's Dinner Dates, including fun food, activity, music & decor suggestions. Here are two of my favorite funny ideas from Maggie's blog:

1) Serve Candy Blood Bags: Who knew that fake candy blood bags even existed?2) Costume Party: Dress up as your favorite Twilight character, including the Cullens, Wolfpack, Volturi & various versions of Bella (e.g. "Before Bella", "After Bella", Prom Bella, Wedding Bella, Pregnant Bella, etc.). If I were to dress up, I'd SO go as blood-thirsty Pregnant Bella, toting my fake candy blood bags. *yum*Cool manip thanks to xiggy89x.You can check out all of Maggie's Twilight Party suggestions, not just these goofy ones, here.

10 comments:

  1. That's the BEST Idea I ever heard!!!=D I think me and some friends will do such a party because in my country the DVD-release is end of May, beginning June and unfortunately there isn't such a huge Twilight-Hype here like in some particular other countries, so No Organized-Twilight-DVD-Release-Party, so we have to do our own, where we will have much fun!=) Those candy-blood bags are fantastic and your idea of dressing up as a Blood Thristy Bella is hilarious but SOOOO Cool!!!=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about the realease of New Moon. I'm having a twilight party for my b-day and I'm dressing up as Rosalie. I love her and she is a bad booty chicka and that's the way I roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see this new movie cause if i loved the frist one i will probley love this one more

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to see eclipse the first two were awsome and im going to love the whole saga ahhhhhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is it reAL THAT BELLA IS PREAGNENT

    ReplyDelete
  7. who here has READ the boooks all of them? I have! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the twi saga i have all the books but im behind and am stuck on new moon. its kinda boring cause of jacob, he could make it more intertainig. cant wait to see eclipse!
    Latr.... ☻

    ReplyDelete
  9. :O i love twilight is that actually her ??

    ReplyDelete