January 22, 2009

2009 Year of the Werewolves? Meh. I'm still on my Vampire-high.

With several Werewolf-themed flicks coming out (New Moon, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, The Wolf Man), 2009 has been declared the Year of the Wolves by a few news outlets, like USA Today. Accordingly, Newmoonmovie.org, one of my fave sites, has just posted Part 2 of their Year of the Werewolf feature, and it made me realize something:

I'm just not into werewolves. At all. IMHO, werewolves are not *Smexy*, like Vampires. When they turn, they get super-hairy, and I'm just not into hairy dudes. Also, with regards to New Moon in particular, while I love Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black, I have never been able to see him as a real romantic rival to Robert Pattinson's Edward. Maybe seeing New Moon will change my mind, but for now, Taylor's cute in an I-want-to-pinch-his-cheeks-and-give-him-a-bear-hug kind of way, but he's way underage for 21+ y.o. TwiCrack addicts like me.

Yeah, yeah - I know that all the characters in Twilight are supposed to be teenagers, etc. But this is just one TwiCrack Addict's POV. If I were younger, maybe I'd feel differently, but I'm not. Anyway, IF Taylor did do it for me, then that would be going into School-teacher-victimizing-her-underage-student-territory. Semi-illegal, you know? Let's not go there. heh.
Source: Blushing Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.